Ice House Gallery Events
• Christmas Ornament Class: Taught by Misty Warren for ages 4 to adult. There are three wooden choices to paint: Santa hat, stocking or snowman head. Class is Saturday, Dec. 7, from 10-11:30 a.m. Cost is $5 for members and $7 for non-members.
• A Christmas bazaar is planned for Dec. 14 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Vendors can set up a card table in the gallery to sell creations. Cost is $20 to set up. Live violin and cello Christmas music is planned.
Blood donors sought
The American Red Cross has a critical need for donors of all blood types to give blood to support cancer, organ transplant and other patients. Type O blood donors are especially needed right now. Having enough type O blood on the shelves is important for ongoing patient care and emergencies. Type O positive is the most transfused blood type and can be transfused to Rh-positive patients of any blood type. Type O negative is the universal blood type and what emergency room personnel reach for when there is no time to determine the blood type of patients in the most serious situations.
Upcoming blood drivesL
• Monday, Dec. 9 from 2-6 p.m. at Northside Church of Christ, 711 Housman St., Mayfield.
• Friday, Dec. 13 from 12-6 p.m. at Mayfield Elementary School
• Friday, Dec. 13 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at Independence Bank
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-Red Cross (1-800-733-2767) or online Redcrossblood.org
Upcoming Library Events:
• In conjunction with the Mayfield Animal Shelter, the Graves County Public Library will host a special program called Paws to Read. It will be every first Thursday of each month at 4pm and will allow children to read aloud to a therapy dog or cat for 15 minutes. Patient, nonjudgmental pets help reluctant readers gain confidence and comfort with reading. Parents will need to fill out and sign a waiver before their child can participate. This program is open to children in grades K-6. If you have any questions contact the library at 270-247-2911.
• The Graves County Public library has two special programs throughout the school year. The Lego Program will be the first Monday of every month at 5 p.m. and Daughter Date Night will be the first Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. For Lego night children can come and create anything out of their imagination and during daughter date night you can come with your child and make a craft to take home together. Make sure you don't miss these great events!! If you have any questions call the library at 270-247-2911.
• To help the community, the Graves County Public Library is offering Food for Fines. Bring food donations to the library during the month of December. You will get $1 in current fines waived for each can or package of the following foods: peanut butter, canned chicken or tuna, canned vegetables, soups, or fruit, boxed meals, cereal, pasta, toilet paper or paper towels. This applies to fines only and will not apply to replacement costs of items which were lost or damaged. Please do not try to donate open, rusty or damaged packages, repackaged or expired food. It will be given to the Food Pantry in Mayfield. If you have any questions contact the library at 270-247-2911.
• The Graves County public library's teen advisory board will have their anime night on Friday, Dec. 6 from 4-7 p.m. They will watch anime, play games and have pizza. Prizes will be given out and if you want you can come dressed as your favorite character. Make sure you don't miss this event. If you have any additional questions call the library at 270-247-2911.
• On Saturday Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to noon the Graves County Public Library will host a special program called Clothes and Cookies. It will be a clothing swap for ages 13 to 30. Participants are encouraged to bring any gently used clothing they would like to swap. This is a program for adults and young adults. No swapping baby clothes. There will also be cookies and drinks. If you have any questions contact the library at 270-247-2911.
• The Graves County Public Library will host Teen Art Studio on Friday, Dec. 13 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Hang out and create your own masterpiece at the library. There will be paint, colored pencils, coloring pages, poster board, washi tape, & more! Just come by and make something to take home. If you have any questions contact the library at 270-247-2911.
• The Graves County Public Library will have a Christmas Ornament Craft on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 10:30 a.m. You will be able to make a handmade Christmas ornament to hang on your tree. This craft will be first come first serve. If you have any questions contact the library at 270-247-2911.
• The Graves County Public Library will have Bingo night on Monday, Dec. 16 at 5 p.m. All supplies will be provided and it is free for all ages! Prizes will be available for winners. If you have any questions you can call the library at 270-247-2911.
• The Graves County Public Library will host family movie night on Tuesday, Dec. 17 at 5 p.m. A double feature of Christmas classics will be shown. Free Drinks and popcorn will be served. Children under the age of 10 should be with an adult. There will also be games to play along with the chance to win a prize.
If you have any questions call the library at 270-247-2911.