Mayfield Police Chief Nathan Kent reported the following arrests and warrants served during the past week:
• Matthew Perry, 23, of Mayfield was arrested at Walmart on Saturday and charged with shoplifting. MPD officers were called to the business to investigate a shoplifting complaint. On arrival, Walmart Asset Protection staff had detained Perry. He was charged with theft by unlawful taking under $500 and taken to Graves County Jail.
• William Sherlin, 68, of Mayfield was arrested Friday and charged with DUI and multiple traffic offenses when police were called to the scene of an accident on U.S. 45 North.
Kent said MPD officers were called to the scene shortly before 3 p.m. Upon arrival, officers reported seeing a vehicle in the grass in front of a business. The vehicle had nearly hit it.
On investigation, officers made contact with Sherlin and reported the odor of an alcoholic beverage. Sherlin admitted to drinking and taking his prescription medication, according to the report.
A battery of sobriety tests were administered along with a preliminary breath test. On further investigation, police determined that Sherlin had struck a person on scene with his vehicle door when the person attempted to stop him from leaving the scene.
Sherlin was also discovered to be driving on a suspended driver's license, Kent said. Sherlin was charged with DUI (first offense under aggravating circumstances) and driving on a suspended or revoked license and taken to Graves County Jail.
• William Hamilton, 53, of Mayfield was charged with public intoxication Friday after police were called to the Mayfield Shopping Plaza in reference to an intoxicated man with a bottle of vodka.
MPD officers were dispatched around 4 p.m. The officers reported seeing the man, later identified as Hamilton, walking north on Paris Road in front of Byrn Funeral Home. The suspect was allegedly uneasy on his feet and displayed slurred speech along with the odor of alcoholic beverage coming from his person.
Hamilton was determined to be manifestly under the influence and taken to Graves County Jail.
• Jodi Compau, 26, of Mayfield was arrested Thursday at the Budget Inn on East Broadway and arrested on a Graves County warrant for alleged probation violations.
MPD officers were dispatched to the business on a report of a female wearing pink causing a disturbance. Compau was located after a citizen notified officers that she could be found at the location. Compau was taken to Graves County Jail.
• Shaleyah McCampbell, 21, of Mayfield was arrested Thursday and charged with second-degree assault (domestic violence) and two counts of second-degree criminal mischief when police were called to a North 15th Street home regarding a fight between two sisters. The officers discovered that McCampbell was also wanted on three Graves County warrants and she was taken to Graves County Jail.
• Donald Gates, 81, of Mayfield was arrested on a warrant this week charging him with second-degree disorderly conduct, third-degree terroristic threatening and fourth-degree assault (no visible injury) and taken to Graves County Jail.
• Ruben Gonzalez, 40, of Mayfield was arrested at a Wilford Street home Friday on a warrant charging him with third-degree forgery and third-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument and taken to Graves County Jail.