Mayfield Police Chief Nathan Kent reported the following arrests and warrants served over the past few days:
• Marty Dylan Watkins, 20, was arrested Sunday when MPD officers were called to the Plaza Apartments concerning a fight in progress involving a knife.
The caller told police that the alleged perpetrator, later identified as Watkins, had fled the area in a gray SUV after stabbing another person.
Officers arrived and talked with Zachary Osborne, who was reported bleeding from his side. Mayfield/Graves County EMS arrived and took Osborne to Jackson Purchase Medical Center.
Meanwhile, MPD officers gathered statements from witnesses. Another officer in the area reported observing a gray SUV, matching the description of the suspect's vehicle, and made a traffic stop. Watkins, a passenger in the vehicle, was identified as the perpetrator named by the victim and witnesses.
Watkins was charged with second-degree assault and taken to Graves County Jail. Osborne was later released from JPMC following treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
• Dylan Wiggins, 19, of Mayfield was arrested Sunday on a Graves County warrants and taken to jail. MPD officers stopped Wiggins when he was spotted driving along Lee Street. The officers were aware that he was wanted on three warrants in connection to second-degree burglary, theft by deception (cold checks under $500) and shoplifting (under $500). During the traffic stop, Wiggins was also allegedly found to be in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia and was additionally charged.
• Connie McCormick, 46, of Mayfield was arrested Sunday at the Dollar General store on West Broadway and charged with shoplifting. MPD officers responded to the store for a shoplifting complaint. On arrival, officers made contact with McCormick after identifying her from the store's video system. McCormick returned all stolen items to the store and then was charged and taken to Graves County Jail.
• Zachary Pendel, 29, of Mayfield was arrested during a traffic stop and charged with DUI (second offense), reckless driving, obstructed vehicle windshield and failure to produce a vehicle insurance card and taken to Graves County Jail.
• Alvin Smothers, 57, of Mayfield was arrested Sunday on a Graves County warrant charging him with failure to appear in court and taken to Graves County Jail. Initial charges against Smothers included second-degree possession of an unspecified drug and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Hannah Sands, 30, of Mayfield was arrested at the Family Dollar store on West Farthing Street Saturday and charged with shoplifting.
When MPD officers arrived, a woman, identified as Sands, approached an officer and stated that she would like to pay for a padlock. However, upon speaking with store employees, police determined that Sands had allegedly cut the lock package open with a pair of pliers in the store and concealed the lock in her purse. Sands was charged with theft by unlawful taking under $500 and taken to Graves County Jail.
• Michael Nelson, 29, of Mayfield was charged on a Graves County warrant with second-degree bail jumping Monday and taken to Graves County Jail.
MPD officers reported locating Nelson at a North 15th Street address.