Mayfield Police Chief Nathan Kent reported the following arrests made and warrants served:
• Christopher Parrott, 44, of Paducah was charged with a warrant from Harris County, Texas, after police were called to a report of someone being disorderly in Jackson Purchase Medical Center's emergency room Saturday. He was charged in Graves County on Saturday with fugitive from another state.
Upon officers' arrival, Parrott had calmed down, but officers learned he was wanted in Texas. The charges on the warrant were not specified. Parrott was taken to the Graves County Jail pending his extradition to Texas.
• James Pegues, 26, of Mayfield was charged with second-degree fleeing and evading police (on foot) and a warrant for second-degree bail-jumping Monday and taken to the Graves County Jail.
A police officer saw Pegues outside a home and knew he had an active warrant for his arrest, Kent said. Upon making contact with him, Kent said Pegue ran through a home and out the back door and then tried and failed to scale a fence. He then ran to the front yard, where other officers confronted and arrested him.
• Logan H. Brown, 24, of Mayfield was arrested Sunday on a charge of failure to appear in court and failure to pay fines on original charges of harassing communications and third-degree criminal trespassing.
• Daniel Hodges, 35, of Mayfield was charged Sunday with possession of methamphetamine (first-degree, first offense) and buy/possess drug paraphernalia as well as first-degree wanton endangerment (police officer). Hodges was taken to the Graves County Jail.
• Skyler Styles, 23, of Mayfield was charged with two counts of theft by unlawful taking (shoplifting) under $500 Saturday.
Officers responded to Dollar General on Charles Drive for a report of a person who had shoplifted. They learned the person, later identified as Styles, had left the store and walked toward Cuba Road. An officer spotted Styles walking near the YMCA and made contact with him in a parking lot.
During the investigation, officers determined Styles had shoplifted from both Dollar General and Peebles, Kent said. He was taken to the Graves County Jail.
• Charles Russell, 29, of Mayfield was served a bench warrant for probation violation (for felony offense) on Monday. He was already in custody at the Graves County Jail.
• Devaughn Kirby, 41, of Mayfield was served a warrant Saturday charging him with theft by unlawful taking under $500. He was already an inmate at the Graves County Jail. Kirby had been arrested Friday on a charge of violation of an emergency protective order. About 2:30 p.m. Friday, officers noticed Kirby at a home he had been ordered to stay at least 500 feet away from, Kent said.
• Candace Dupre, 27, of Water Valley was charged with theft by unlawful taking under $500 (shoplifting) Saturday. She was arrested at Walmart, where Kent said she had been detained for shoplifting. She was taken to the Graves County Jail.
• Rebecca Stockstill, 48, of Paducah was arrested Saturday on a bench warrant for failure to apper in court. She was taken to the Graves County Jail.
• Jose Gonzalez, 31, of Mayfield was charged with fourth-degree assault (minor injuries) Friday. Officers responded to a home for a report that a domestic assault had taken place minutes before. A girl was taken to the emergency room at Jackson Purchase Medical Center for further evaluation. She was later released to a legal guardian.
• Pastor Mercado, 41, of Mayfield was arrested on a charge of fourth-degree assault (minor injuries) Friday. Officers responded to a report of domestic violence in progress, but Mercado had left the scene. He later returned while officers were still there, Kent said. He was taken to the Graves County Jail.