Mayfield Police Chief Nathan Kent reported the following arrests and warrants served during the past week:
• Kyle Staples, 31, of Mayfield was arrested Tuesday during a traffic stop a the intersection of Walnut and South Sixth streets and charged on a warrant for failure to appear in court. MPD officers stopped Staples at 6:21 p.m. During the stop, the officer made contact with Staples. Identification was obtained and Staples was found to wanted on a Graves County warrant. Staples was arrested on the warrant as well as cited for several traffic violations.
• Kathy Bouland, 37, of Mayfield was served a Graves County warrant charging her with shoplifting and driving on a suspended/revoked drivers license while incarcerated at Graves County Jail
• Gary Thomas, 47, of Canton, Texas was served two warrants issued by Graves County Circuit Court related to alleged probation violation. While at the Graves County Jail, an MPD officer was made aware of a person being extradited from Texas to Kentucky and the warrants were served.
• Dennis Faulkner, 49, of Mayfield was charged with public intoxication and taken to Graves County Jail.
• In a report from the Paducah Police Department, Joshua C. Goheen, 37, of Melber was charged shortly before noon on Tuesday with theft by unlawful taking under $10,000 and taken to McCracken County Jail.The Paducah Police Department was called to WAG Auto where an employee told officers that a man drove off the lot in a 2010 Chrysler 300 and headed toward Irvin Cobb Drive. The man was described as white with tattoos on his neck and wearing a gray shirt and shorts. The car reportedly had a sticker on the back that read, "Bossy Number One Mom." A short time later, officers saw the car sitting at a gas station on Bridge Street. A man matching the description of the reported thief walked out of the station, saw the officers and began walking down the street. PPD Officer Luke Fraley stopped the man, identified as Goheen, at Husband Road and Bridge Street. The keys to the stolen vehicle were allegedly found in Goheen's pocket, according to the report.