The 2019 tennis regular season wrapped up with the Graves County Eagles and Lady Eagles receiving end of season awards.
The Lady Eagles finished 13-2 while the Eagles finished 11-4 and were the boys sectional and regional runners-up.
The players receiving awards included:
• Boden Diel, Future Star.
• Makayla Whitaker, Captain Award and Best Singles Record.
• Audrey Lamb, Most Improved.
• Pooja Patel, Determination Award.
• Jaron Hale, Determination Award and Regional Singles Finalist.
• Isaac Carrico, Best Doubles Record, Captain Award and Regional Doubles Champion.
• Maddy Williams, Determination Award.
• Allie Clark, Comeback Award.
• Ayaz Bhutta, Future Star.
• Cole Farthing, Future Star.
• Naima Bhutta, Sportsmanship Award.
• Mark Whitaker, Most Improved Award.
• Brady Ellegood, Best Singles Record, Best Doubles Record, Regional Doubles Champion.
• Laken Shultz, Comeback Award.
• Josie Erdman, Sportsmanship Award.
• Clay Cooper, Future Star.
Naima Bhutta, Erdman, Marta Saldana Buil, Makayla Whitaker, Williams, Rachel Reeves, Lamb, Patel, Carrico, Hale, Mark Whitaker, Diel, Farthing, Cooper, Ayaz Bhutta and Tucker George were also recognized with academic awards for maintaining a 3.5 grade point average or higher.
In addition to the team awards, coach Chuck Whitnell was awarded the First Region Girl's Coach of the Year award and Shultz received the Regional Tournament Sportsmanship Award. Both of these awards are voted by the region’s coaches.